Whether you're on multiple public boards or starting your nonprofit board journey, SWB is your advocate to help you excel in the boardroom.
If you are a Stanford alumna, faculty, or staff member then you qualify for membership in Stanford Women on Boards.
Raise your profile
SWB offers multiple ways to realize your board aspirations.
- Apply for board openings sourced by SWB from public and private companies and nonprofit organizations
- Broadcast your qualifications through exclusive SWB networking events and access to board registries
- Enhance your boardroom savvy with an array of SWB curated educational opportunities
We expect all SWB members to uphold our shared values:
- Contribution. Members believe that all organizations have the ability to change lives and change the world.
- Stewardship. Members want to act as stewards for such organizations.
- Commitment. Members prepare themselves and strive to be the best possible stewards of their organizations.
- Service. Members help other capable alumnae become outstanding directors.
We welcome Stanford alumni, SWB clients and members of our collaborating organizations to join as SWB Allies.
To apply to join SWB, complete these two required steps:
Your application will be approved following your completion of these two steps. Then, you will begin to receive the full complement of SWB benefits, including eligibility for board searches and invitations to education and networking events.
"I think a lot of women who are capable may not even know that this is a path for them to find satisfaction in their careers. I would love to raise awareness for all the women at Stanford."
- SWB Advisory Board Member